Monday, September 19, 2011

Happiness and Coffee Creamer

They are related, if you remember that "it's the little things." Fall lets me switch from my hazelnut to pumpkin spice coffee creamer, and that makes my morning slog through emails and secretarial duties so much better.

Let me catch you up... We just moved from a house that took 7 years to remodel, to one that must have coined the term “fixer-upper.” My current bedroom is a futon in the living room. At first my heart was broken at having to “start all over again.” Until, within three months, I realized that there is no such thing as starting, or finishing, living. It just happens, and happily, when I began to look for it. My bed in the living room has provided so many spontaneous “snuggle” moments with my two little guys that would not have happened otherwise.

Happiness comes from inward out, not outward in (except in the form of coffee creamer).

No comments:

Post a Comment